Definitions of Note
NY Cannabis Law Section 3:
1. "Applicant" unless otherwise specified in this chapter, shall mean a person applying for any cannabis, medical cannabis or cannabinoid hemp license or permit issued by the New York state cannabis control board pursuant to this chapter that: has a significant presence in New York state, either individually or by having a principal corporate location in the state; is incorporated or otherwise organized under the laws of this state; or a majority of the ownership are residents of this state. For the purposes of this subdivision, "person" means an individual, institution, corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity.
5. "Cannabis" means all parts of the plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination. It does not include hemp, cannabinoid hemp or hemp extract as defined by this section or any drug products approved by the federal Food and Drug Administration.
8. "Cannabis flower" means the flower of a plant of the genus Cannabis that has been harvested, dried, and cured, prior to any processing whereby the plant material is transformed into a concentrate, including, but not limited to, concentrated cannabis, or an edible or topical product containing cannabis or concentrated cannabis and other ingredients. Cannabis flower excludes leaves and stem.
17. "Concentrated cannabis" means: (a) the separated resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from cannabis; or (b) a material, preparation, mixture, compound or other substance which contains more than three percent by weight or by volume of total THC, as defined in this section.
18. "Condition" means having one of the following conditions: cancer, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathies, Huntington's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, pain that degrades health and functional capability where the use of medical cannabis is an alternative to opioid use, substance use disorder, Alzheimer's, muscular dystrophy, dystonia, rheumatoid arthritis, autism or any other condition certified by the practitioner.
29. "Labor peace agreement" means an agreement between an entity and a labor organization that, at a minimum, protects the state's proprietary interests by prohibiting labor organizations and members from engaging in picketing, work stoppages, boycotts, and any other economic interference with the entity.
34. "Microbusiness" means a licensee that may act as a cannabis producer for the cultivation of cannabis, a cannabis processor, a cannabis distributor and a cannabis retailer under this article; provided such licensee complies with all requirements imposed by this article on licensed producers, processors, distributors and retailers to the extent the licensee engages in such activities.
52. "THC" means Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol; Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol; Delta-10-tetrahydrocannabinol and the optical isomer of such substances.
53. "Total THC" means the sum of the percentage by weight or volume measurement of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid multiplied by 0.877, plus, the percentage by weight or volume measurement of THC.